We have just released both GraniteDS 3.0.4.GA and 3.1.0.M1.
3.0.4.GA is a bug fix release which mostly fixes a serious bug in JMF serialization, so it’s highly recommended to upgrade if you are building JavaFX applications. See the release notes here, and Maven artifacts here.
3.1.0.M1 is the first milestone for the 3.1 branch and comes with major new features:
- Huge performance improvements on AMF serialization: GraniteDS is now 2 to 5 times faster than BlazeDS
- Websocket JSR 356 specification support on both client and server, for AMF and JMF. GraniteDS websockets now supports Jetty 8/9, Tomcat 7/8, GlassFish 3/4, WildFly 8 and Tyrus (client).
- ChangeSet support for Hibernate 4.x
- ChangeSet support for JavaFX clients
- Improved support for Java 8 / JavaFX 8
More details on these new features will come in following posts.
This release also includes a lot of bug fixes and minor improvements, see the full release notes here.
The main breaking change is in the artifacts dependencies:
- JavaFX clients should now use granite-client-javafx and optionally granite-client-javafx-advanced (instead of granite-client-java and granite-client-javafx)
- Android clients should now use granite-client-android and optionally granite-client-android-advanced (instead of granite-client-java and granite-client-android)
The tutorials and archetypes will soon be updated for both 3.0.4 and 3.1 M1.
As always, any feedback appreciated.